Creating a User-Friendly 404 Page
So, how can we make a good 404 page? Here are some easy steps:
- Keep It Friendly: Make sure the 404 page looks like the rest of your website. It should feel familiar.
- Tell Them What Happened: Let the user know the page isn’t there and maybe why.
- Guide Them: Offer links to other parts of your website. Maybe they’d like to visit your homepage or see your latest posts.
- Add Fun Elements: Think of adding a funny picture or a simple game. It can make the user smile!
- Check Regularly: Use tools to see if people are getting 404 errors and try to fix them.
Is a 404 page good for SEO?
SEO means making your website easy to find on search engines like Google. Now, a 404 page itself doesn’t make your website harder to find. But, if you make a helpful 404 page, it can make visitors stay longer. And that’s good for your website’s reputation on search engines.